Meals on Wheels of Northampton County is promoting healthy living through the delivery of nutritional services.
Chief Executive Officer position
Meals on Wheels of Northampton County (MOW-NC) provides a sense of home through the delivery of healthy, convenient nutrition services — and warm smiles. Whether it’s delivering individual meals to homes or providing group dining services, we serve a diverse clientele, including:
- Homebound individuals
- Disabled individuals
- Active seniors seeking healthy, prepared meals
- People recovering from surgery or illness
- Senior centers
- Adult and child day care center
Meals on Wheels-NC continues to collaborate with partners, including Meals on Wheels-Lehigh County. Meals on Wheels-NC is moving through an exciting time of transition. In 2018 it is anticipated that MOW-NC will undergo a transformational organizational change to better meet the needs of seniors and the homebound in the Lehigh Valley.
The Board of Meals on Wheels of Northampton County seeks an experienced, ambitious and mission-conscious Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who can build upon MOW-NC’s history of a nurturing and vibrant organization.
The CEO is responsible for providing the vision and leadership that enables the organization to achieve its goals and sustain its mission. A future focused, innovative leadership mindset will be critical to the growth and success of Meals on Wheels-NC. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated level of comfort managing through change at all levels of an organization with diverse stakeholders.
Leadership & Management:
Implement, administer and direct the daily operations of the organization. Provide leadership and direction for a qualified staff and team.
- Set and exude high ethical standards and hold others accountable for conduct
- Embrace and positively react to change. Motivate and develop staff to embrace a constructive response to change.
- Prioritize and balance the needs of the organization by championing flexibility.
- Anticipate and be proactive to meet the demands of a changing landscape.
Collaborate effectively with the Board of Directors.
- Work closely with the Board Chair to define and actualize the strategic vision of the organization.
- Keep the Board informed by providing detailed reports and attending board meetings.
- Work with the board committees to ensure that the board directives and policies are linked with the regular agency activities.
Strategic Planning/Business Development:
Continually prepare for and plan ways to sustain Meals on Wheels-NC into the future including but not limited to:
- extension of the current organization into a broader geographic area,
- foster collaborative partnerships,
- build partnerships in new markets,
- research social entrepreneurship, and assess new ways of generating additional income.
Serve as the primary voice for the organization.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain good relationships with community groups, other agencies such as Meals On Wheels America, Meals On Wheels Association of Pennsylvania, Meals on Wheels of Lehigh County, Local, State and Federal governments, volunteers and stakeholders.
- Establish a good public image for the organization. Represent the organization at national and regional training and networking programs as appropriate.
- Serve as the representative for MOW-NC for collaborative and collective impact initiatives.
Staff oversight and development: Hire, motivate, delegate appropriately, develop and retain personnel who are committed to our objectives.
- Serve as a mentor, coach, resource, and role model by leading by example
- Work closely with Management Staff to ensure programs are developed and implemented in a consistent, effective manner, ensuring best practices.
- Understand and optimize individual knowledge, skills, and abilities to improve the collective organization
- Foster an environment where teamwork is valued and celebrated
- Remove obstacles to improve effectiveness and efficiency
Fiscal Management: Coordinate review of financial reports and preparation of summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. In coordination with the Chief Financial Officer, maintain a sound financial position for the organization by ensuring that accurate and complete records are maintained of all expenditures and income.
- Assist finance committee in preparing the annual budget.
- Monitor financials and meet with the Finance committee monthly.
- Monitor all meal contracts.
Resource Development: Work with the Development Department and committee to establish fundraising strategies. Continually assess new ways to generate additional income for the organization through grants, appeals and fundraising activities. Identify and develop new contributor relationships, while fostering ongoing relationships, including maintaining accountability to fund sources.
Direct fundraising efforts including:
- Sourcing and submission for appropriate grants;
- Identifying new donors;
- Development of individual contribution campaigns;
- Special fund raising events.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role including managing a staff, budget and reporting responsibilities.
- Significant non-profit work experience; a familiarity with community resources and the healthcare system in the Lehigh Valley are preferred. An understanding of the special needs of seniors is strongly desired, but not necessary.
- Local community ties and knowledge of funding sources within the Lehigh Valley. Demonstrated success with fund raising in a non-profit setting.
- Mission-oriented, hands-on individual with the ability to manage change, integrate teams, organize tasks, manage time, set priorities, and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner to staff, volunteers, board members, community members, and other stakeholders. Comfortable speaking to a variety of audiences.
- BS/BA degree. Masters is preferred.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, database and internet applications.
Salary & benefits: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a letter, resume with a summary of demonstrable accomplishments and salary requirements to: CEOsearchLV@gmail.com
Deadline for submission is February 9, 2018